Thursday, December 28, 2017

Heroes and villains

The Dojo is a spiritual 'safe haven' for me, it always has been . But tonight something was different. The Greeks describe the feeling as 'The Mati' , The evil eye is a curse believed to be cast by a malevolent glare, usually given to a person when they are unaware and will cause misfortune or injury. Man,  It's nights like these that make you wanna sleep all day and the sad songs don't help
.


 Imagination is a powerful thing and can work for you or against you, depending on whether your outlook is positive or negative I'm trying to allow myself to be guided by the visions that inspire the words this week.

It's the worst at night. I could just drive.....I've got a half a tank.

I know the way you think affects the way you feel and the way you feel creates the circumstances you attract so I always aspire to think good thoughts. But our thoughts can be heroes and villains.

Glory is fleeting and obscurity is eternal. A student recently taught me a lesson about ego. It kind of reminds me of the old cartoon........

We have no way of knowing if the person who we think we are is at the core of our being. Are you a decent person with the potential to someday become an evil dark agent, or are you an evil dark agent that thinks it's a decent person? That's not verbatim but the lesson was that Ego is the monster and when we listen to it we feed it. The lies we tell people are nothing compared to the lies we tell ourselves. I don't think people are born heroes or villains they are shaped by those around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment