Friday, August 24, 2012

Here Comes the Judge

Here come the Judge...


Judge not, that you be not judged.
 For with what judgment you judge,
 you will be judged;
and with the measure you use,
 it will be measured back to you.
- Matthew 7:1 -
When I was first starting to compete.
 I never went to a tournament just to win
I went to leave an impression.
 I wanted everyone to remember I was there
 and hope I wouldn't  return.


- Joe Lewis -

The real reason one fights is to preserve and to dignify those values representing that for which he stands.
 We fight to demonstrate the standard of excellence all black belts should subscribe to:
  physical conditioning
  an indomitable will
  impenetrable defense
 undetectable pain tolerance


  the two “essential components” of high self-esteem...... a high level of SELF-RESPECT and SELF-EFFICACY.

 In life as is in the ring the good guy doesn't always win...............
Fear Of Judgement
In the world of relationships,
 martial arts and fitness there is alot of ego and insecurity
It’s taken me years to realize,
 but now I choose not to assume that people are judging me
or thinking they’re better than me.
 I can assume people see the best in me,
 as I’m able to see in them when I stop obsessing about myself.
'Someone I used to know'  would say,
 "It's not always about you !"
I realize now that when people do feel superior or judge
 they’ll be standing behind their own heap of insecurities,
 wanting to feel more assured but knowing no other way to do it.

 Courage is not the absence of fear, it's the judgment that something else is more important than fear
 - Ambrose Redmoon -

No comments:

Post a Comment