Wednesday, September 12, 2012

"Legends are Forever."

Joe has gone in search of the yellow moon,
 
in search for his relatives, their daughters and their sons,

gone to the land where buffalos graze in clover fields
 without the sound of guns,
 
where the red sun sinks in the mountains filled with gold,
 
peace for this warrior is where the healing waters flow,
 
the time has come to unstring your bow.
 
Rest in Peace
 
-Jim Maloney-
 
 Since August 31st, my daughter Alli has sent me a daily text reminding me that

 'Legends are Forever'

 and that my friend and mentor Joe Lewis would live on through me. This message was echoed at the 'Memorial' and the 'Memorial Workout' that preceded the full military funeral in North Carolina.

Joe Lewis was laid to rest in Knightdale, N.C. last Saturday, ending a journey that took him around the world and back to North Carolina, one punch, one kick, one knockout at a time.

"Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong. And do everything with love."

-1 Corinthians 16:13-


A hundred years from now
 it will not matter what degree Black belt I was,
the number of World titles I had won,
or how much money my martial arts school had grossed…

 But that the world may be different because I was important in the life of a student…
 What you put into the lives of others comes back into your own.

- Joe Lewis -

Whenever we think of success in Martial Arts, sports, entertainment or sales we tend to think of the stars in the spotlight. However, behind every great athlete is a great coach.

 
What I find to be the hardest thing about doing martial arts is giving up on trying to be the greatest and to simply begin working on just being yourself. Being yourself is what makes one great. The main purpose of being a good Martial Artist is sharing w/others the things you have acquired yourself and to achieve a sense of accomplishment.

 - Joe Lewis -


Joe Lewis taught us that we are worthy of receiving or achieving anything we can imagine.
We are only handcuffed by our willingness to allow success.

Take the brakes off your thinking and your imagination,
believe that everything you can imagine is possible.

 'My Joe Lewis Experience' is like peeling an onion.
 Each day as I peel back another layer,
I will uncover another lesson and probably shed some tears.

I will not let you down Joe Lewis,
 I will

 "Aspire to Inspire "

 

No comments:

Post a Comment