Tuesday, September 16, 2014

A Matter of Intent


Here's to bad judgment, questionable morals and a brutal hangover
that'll result from yet another night spent trying to create memories 
we'll be to drunk to recall.

I've spent years attending every martial arts confrence and seminar
 I had enough gas money to get to.
Slept in cars to save on hotels...whatever it took.


It was my avenue to overcoming low self esteem.
now when I look back on the past,
I smile and say to myself,

"I never thought I could do it, but I did.
I overcame all the people who tried to bring me down"

There will always be a reason why you meet people,
either you need them to change your life,
or your the one that will change theirs.


The journey is not easy, it is wrought with pain and disapointment.
 if you are a slave to your emotions.

Emotions are the slaves to your thoughts,
and you are the slave to your emotions.


Bruce lee would talk about emotional content.
Joe Lewis, about having an attitude technique.
I tell my people to 'Act as if'......
and 
'Move with authority'

On the sales floor I am a master manipulator.
a ruthless wordsmith with a bottomless 'toolbox' 
and the tenacity of a rabid dog.

The intent though is not merely to create revenue for my company,
but to bring a lifetime of great memories to my customers and their families.


In the end all any of us has is our memories.


In Life, Love, Martial Arts and Business whats important is intent not illusion.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer
Create REAL memories, cherish the time with friends and family,
train till you puke ....then train more

A plant doesn't grow from ambition
 or to satisfy good intentions
 They thrive because someone expended effort on them.



No comments:

Post a Comment