Monday, September 22, 2014

To Bad on Your Birthday

God gave us the gift of life;
It's up to us to give ourselves 
the gift of living well.

-Voltaire-



Today I'm 51, it's a given I have less years in front of me than behind me.
People talk about mid-life crisis,
I think that's for people who are searching for a purpose, or an answer.
The two greatest days in our lives are the day we are born
 and the day we discover why.

The more you praise and celebrate life, the more there is to celebrate.


I try to spend each day like its my birthday.
I realize my children are the roots of my responsibility
and try to give them and my friends unconditional love and acceptance.

Each year a birthday should be an opportunity to re-make yourself.
I leave behind all the ages I've been.

I have a house full of presents, thanks for that.

The greatest gift though is the love and friendship,
 of all of you who have touched my life.

I'm at the point where there is one candle on the cake,
 .... your hoping I can blow it out  !!!!   Ha  Ha  !


Maybe we'll all get good and drunk and burn down the
 Yankee Candle store and sing Happy Birthday tonight !!

No comments:

Post a Comment