Wednesday, October 29, 2014

A Matter of Cognizance



I received a message from a friend after the last blog post about writers block.
They asked if I was O.K. ?
I think they thought I was emotionally hijacked or something !!

Per-cep-tion
The state, process or ability to see, hear,
 or become aware of something through the senses.



I try when 'wordsmithing', to leave you with an opportunity to interpret
each sentence, paragraph or phrase for your own personal meaning.

For example the arrow through the heart goes back to Cupid .
It symbolizes the arrow finding love in ones heart.
But, the arrow also symbolizes that love can hurt as well.



A waitress at 'burger night' a couple weeks ago
 was getting off shift and saw me writing.

She asked, "Are you a writer ?"

I replied, " More like a 'wordsmith'....LOL"
She then asked if she could read something I had written.
I let her read what I was working on.

Her head started nodding, then shaking her head she looked up and burst into tears.
She said, "Oh my God this is my life."

You see, it's a matter of cognizance

There is a story of a old woman saying goodbye to her mother for the last time .

She said, 'I wish you enough', 
and the young woman burst into tears and hugged her mom.
She said through her tears, "You've given me more than enough mom."



To her the message was clear.....

I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.

I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.

I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.

I wish you enough pain to make small loves seem bigger.

I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.

I wish you enough loss to appreciate what you possess.

I wish you enough "hello's" to get you through the final "goodbye"


.

No comments:

Post a Comment